Latest posts by @HolisticKingdom (see all)
- Healing Music – Break Unwanted Mental And Emotional Patterns With These Sounds That Soothe - November 16, 2018
- How Aromatherapy Works With Essential Oil Diffusers To Relieve Negative Emotions - November 5, 2018
- Sleep Trackers Help You To Harness That Immeasurable Power Of A Better Night’s Sleep - October 22, 2018
Welcome To The Age Of Whole Being Health!
We are living in a truly amazing time when ancient wisdom is converging with modern techniques in the health and wellness industry.
This new knowledge of ancient wisdom has revealed that optimal human health is an all-encompassing pursuit that includes mind, emotions and spirit as well as the physical body.
At the same time technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), mobile device applications (Apps) and wearable monitoring devices (Wearables) are also starting to play an important role in wellness.
At Holistic Kingdom we focus on this exciting intersection of ancient wisdom, modern advancements and wellness.
What Is The Holistic Approach To Health?
The holistic approach is an all-encompassing strategy that improves overall well-being by taking the entire person into account, which includes mind, body and spirit.
The spirit is the magic of this approach that is not typically included or addressed in other health and wellness strategies.
It is a synergy of mind, body and spirit that creates the greatest amount of total possible wellness!
On this ‘holistic’ wellness journey there are a multitude of effective techniques and possibilities that can be used to achieve great results!
It’s an approach where you are encouraged to play an active role in maintaining your own well-being.
The 8 Pillars Of Holistic Health – A Blueprint For Essential Modern Wellness
Outlined below are the 8 important categories that are associated with the holistic health approach.
1. Physical Wellness
Physical activity and the physical condition of the body is the beginning point and foundation for the holistic health approach.
2. Natural Medicine
Non-pharmaceutical medicine consisting of natural and herbal remedies for pain management, detoxification and treating the person, not the symptom.
3. Holistic Nutrition Principles
Clean eating, gut microbiome health, personalized organic meal plans and supplementation.
Mindfulness meditation practices that includes mantras, sound bathing and visualization.
5. Energy Healing
Participation in therapeutic practices such as massage, crystal healing and chakra balancing.
6. Spiritual Wellness
Maintaining and growing a spiritual sense and connection is a crucial component.
7. A ‘Holistic’ Home
Reducing indoor pollution and chemical exposure, along with ways to create greater tranquility in your home.
8. Global Citizenry
Find greater purpose and meaning in your life through community involvement and activities.
Different Techniques Are Necessary For Different Individuals
Everyone responds to things a little differently so some will find benefits among certain holistic techniques only to receive less than desired results from another.
It is worth mentioning that a resistance to wanting to participate in a particular health and wellness activity could indicate an area for greatest improvement.
Always remember that the techniques you choose can be modified and changed at any time as you continue to progress on your journey.
The key is in creating your own unique balanced ‘holistic’ lifestyle. Which we have outlined in the next section.
The Modern Holistic Lifestyle – A Step-By-Step Guide For Improving Mind, Body And Spirit!
What Does ‘Holistic’ Lifestyle Mean?
It means living your best life by being mindful and conscious of how your actions, routines, behaviors and surroundings effect your overall health and wellness.
Living ‘holistically’ improves the parts of life we hold to be most important such as family, career, social life and relationships.
It is the understanding that our best quality of life is directly proportional to our overall well-being.
Making choices in life that are aligned with our overall well-being is the superpower that allows for you to live your best possible life.
Benefits Of Improving The Mind-Body-Spirit Connection
Some of the most common benefits associated with living a healthy ‘holistic’ lifestyle are:
- Reduced Stress
- Reduced Pain
- Happier And More Satisfied
- Inner Healing
- Greater Balance
- Self Growth
- Spiritual Development
Let’s Get Started
In this guide you will find curated programs, guides and techniques in an actionable step-by-step format.
It is an easy to follow road map for all of the pillars of the holistic health approach.
We have incorporated the latest apps, devices and trackers whenever possible.
So if you are tech savvy this guide is for you. However, we have made it friendly for the not-so tech savvy as well.
We Begin With The Body
1. Holistic Nutrition and Clean Eating
The mindset of eating is a perfect place to begin.
It’s time to start thinking about food as fuel and replenishment and less about it as pleasure.
Toxic foods are proven to cause inflammation which in turn is a common precursor to many diseases.
You won’t be able to live a holistic lifestyle if you are not putting healthy, clean foods and nutrients into your body.
Getting the best holistic nutrition meal plan assembled will be the most time-consuming part of the process.
It is also the most important part and depending on your past experience with healthy clean eating once the learning curve has been achieved it will become like second nature to maintain.
Pro tip: You could choose to begin the process by working directly with a certified holistic nutritionist in your area in order to test for any food allergies you may have. You could be eating things that are wreaking havoc on your system that you believe to be ‘good’ for you and not even know it. Your meal plan should incorporate only organic, non-GMO, and non-processed foods. We also recommend personalized and catered-just-for-you supplements.
Recommended Tools For Nutrition:
- The issue of eating right consistently can be best solved by sticking to a smart nutrition plan created by a licensed dietitian and personalized to your specific needs.
- Unknown sensitivity to various foods such as gluten or dairy can keep you from reaching dietary goals and cause headaches, joint pain and gut issues.
- The EWG helps consumers find locally grown and sustainable options in the grocery store. The app rates over 80,000 foods for nutrition, ingredients and amount of processing.
- Take control of your goals, track calories, breakdown ingredients, and log activities to ensure your greatest amount of success with your nutrition.
2. Core Or Power Yoga
Strength, flexibility, cardiovascular training, mindfulness, improved spiritual wellness, better posture, back and neck pain relief, detoxification and stress relief are just some of the many benefits associated with yoga.
We recommend mixing up your power yoga routines with a yin/restorative session to stretch and lengthen the muscles you will build in power sessions.
Pro tip: If you’re a beginner research yoga studios in your local area to find a class schedule that suits you and make sure they provide any necessary equipment such as a mat or yoga blocks so you will know what equipment you need for your home routines.
Recommended Tools For Yoga:
- When you don’t have time to get to the yoga studio you can still catch great routines in the privacy of your own home or hotel room if you are travelling. This is also a great way for a new yoga student to learn at their own pace. Accessories such as a yoga mat, towel and blocks come in very handy as well.
3. Hiking And Nature Walking
This is an easy but often overlooked part of the holistic lifestyle. You should schedule at least (1) nature outing per week (weather permitting) at a park, recreation area or other wilderness spot.
Being in nature resets your human clock and improves biorhythms to a more natural state. This helps relieve stress and let go of any over active thinking or worrying.
Recommended Tools For Hiking:
- There couldn’t be anything worse than heading deep into nature without proper gear. It not only makes the hike less enjoyable but can be extremely dangerous as well.
- It’s important to always have a map of your trail handy when hiking. AllTrails boasts the largest collection of hand-curated trail guides, so you can explore the outdoors with confidence.
4. Rebounding On A Mini Trampoline
Underrated and not widely known, yet the mini trampoline can provide a holistic seeker with just the right amount of physical activity especially during weather that isn’t conducive to being outside.
It can be a great cardiovascular workout that has detoxification benefits you can feel in that it supports lymphatic drainage.
The mini trampoline is also great for strength conditioning of the legs and glutes. If you incorporate some resistance bands with your routine you can get an intense full body workout that’s also fun!
Recommended Tools For Rebounding:
- Find a great set of mini-trampoline workouts.
- Order and have a mini-trampoline shipped to your door.
For The Mind And Emotions
1. Sleep Tracking
Many adults don’t get the minimum requirement of sleep or even rest for that matter.
Whether you think you get enough sleep or are not sure you should start to track your sleep patterns.
Even though you may reach the minimum required amount of sleep a tracker also monitorssleep quality which has been determined to be a more accurate indicator.
Sleep and relaxation are so important in many ways for maintaining wellness, and stress-related disease prevention.
Recommended Tools For Sleep Tracking:
- The best way to learn more and optimize your sleep patterns without having an elaborate lab study conducted is the use of a good quality sleep tracking device.
If you are super busy, like most people you most likely suffer from burnout often.
You will actually be more productive and effective if you take the time to unplug and relax when you need to rather than to mindlessly soldier on when you aren’t at your best.
You should make and schedule time each day to unplug briefly and do absolutely nothing for at least 15 minutes.
Recommended Tools For Relaxation:
- “While other music is primarily made to sound good and evoke feelings, Brain.fm works with teams of scientists and composers to engineer music specifically designed to help you achieve and sustain deep focus.”, According to the Brain.fm website.
3. Mindfulness Meditation
Here’s another crucial aspect of the holistic lifestyle. If you haven’t heard about the now scientifically proven benefits of meditation yet then you’re not paying attention.
However, the important factor in receiving the benefits comes throughconsistency.
There are many ways to meditate so our recommendation is to find a style that resonates with you and stick with it.
Or if you prefer to mix things up bounce around to several styles. Some form of meditation should be done on a daily basis (yes daily).
Pro tip:Try the Headspace meditation app and they will guide you based on your experience level and also track your progress and make recommendations for improvements based on your results. (hint: there’s a reason why this app is so popular).
Recommended Tools For Meditation:
- A great place to learn how to meditate and live mindfully in the modern era is with the help of a proven meditation app.
- “Muse meditation device gives you real-time feedback on your brain activity as you meditate to help make it easier and keep you focused.”
4. Digital Detox
If you stare at a computer screen for work or school all day or you absentmindedly scroll through your social media profiles for hours on end or if you are one of those people who is always watching T.V. or streaming videos then it’s very important to offset this behavior with a digital detox periodically.
Recommended Tools For A Digital Detox:
- If you are unaware of how much time you spend with digital media on the daily then a tracking app is a great place to start. The results might be quite eye opening.
- If you find it difficult to stay unplugged from digital media for any length of time or just need a longer break from it then a digital detox retreat might sound like the perfect get away.
For The Spirit And Energetic Body
1. Energy Healing
At a minimum of at least once per month schedule an appointment with an energy healing practitioner such as a certified reiki master.
If there are not any reiki therapists nearby where you live a deep tissue massage would work.
In most areas now you can find a reiki share circle, gong healing or drum circle.
These are especially great if you enjoy more of a group energy healing vibe.
Recommended Tools For Energy Healing:
- Bringing a more positive vibe into your everyday world may not be as easy as it sounds. This class teaches you some techniques on how to do it.
- Locate a great energy healer near you and schedule an appointment.
2. Chakra Balancing Using Crystals
This should also be done at least once per month and can be done in conjunction with other energy healing techniques.
This process can be done on your own or with an energy healing practitioner as like the one’s mentioned above.
Using chakra crystals or stones is a very important part of this process.
Recommended Tools For Chakra Balancing:
- Try working with crystals on your own and experience the amazing spiritual properties they have.
3. Affirmations and Mantras
Write out affirmations and mantras for yourself and repeat them daily. These can be written and changed weekly, monthly or as often as desired.
Ideally mantras and affirmations should be said aloud for greatest effectiveness.
Mantras and affirmations are a very powerful technique for rewiring and training your thought patterns to be more positive so that you may manifest your goals and intentions.
Pro tip:Write new affirmations with each new moon cycle.
Recommended Tools For Mantras And Affirmations:
- There is a definite art form and strategy to writing the most effective mantras and affirmations.
For The Home Environment
1. Hidden Chemicals
Harsh chemicals, many of which are carcinogens, are found in many common household items such as cleaners, air fresheners, personal hygiene products, flooring, furniture and bedding.
Toxic chemicals and ingredients found in these items in the home are absorbed into the body through contact with the skin which has been proven to cause inflammation, allergies, chronic fatigue and other unwanted health conditions.
Recommended For Detoxing The Home:
- Household cleaning products are some of the most toxic items found in the home. Buying less toxic natural cleaners or learning to make them yourself can really reduce you and your family’s potential exposure.
2. Air Purification
Unfortunately it has been discovered that indoor air pollution can often times be worse than the air outside.
Continually inhaling toxic air can cause many chronic issues such as asthma, allergies and other bronchial conditions.
Take the following steps to help clear the air in your home:
- Change your air filters regularly (at least once per season)
- Have your air ducts cleaned if possible
- Use an indoor air pollution sensor
- Use an indoor air purifier if necessary
Recommended Tools For Indoor Air Purification:
- It is impossible to really know the air quality in your home without measuring it. An air quality sensor can be invaluable to determine if an air purifier might be a necessity.
3. Water Purification
It has been well documented that the public water coming into most homes contains varying amounts and types of toxic chemicals, many of which are carcinogens.
Have the tap water in your home tested to determine its contaminants and install a good whole home water filter if possible.
Other options for detoxifying drinking water can be used as well.
Recommended Tools For Water Purification:
- You can find a list of the known contaminants found in the water in your own neighborhood on the EWG water database.
- A simple kit purchased at Lowe’s or Walmart can give you a wealth of knowledge about the toxic substances that could be in your own home’s tap water.
- Remember that purifying just the drinking water in the home does not rid all sources of exposure. Most toxic substances are absorbed through the skin while bathing or showering.
4. Sage Smudging
Our last but certainly not least recommended step for creating the holistic home is cleansing it of negative energy.
Lingering negative energy can be detrimental to the overall vibe of the home.
Having good positive energy is more conducive to positive thinking, abundance and overall wellness.
To cleanse the energy in your home simply light a sage bundle and waft it in the air throughout every room at least once per month.
Even if you don’t feel any negative vibes in your home to begin with you are sure to sense more calm and serenity in the home after it is done.
Recommended Tools For Sage Smudging:
- An easy to follow video guide that will show you exactly how to perform a sage smudging in your own home.
- You can easily find a wide variety of sage smudging kits to use to perform a ceremony.
Here’s To Your Well-Being!
Feel free to take inspired action by implementing our hand-picked tips and techniques! The ‘holistic’ path is full of epiphanies and discoveries of new and effective methods of wellness that will inspire, motivate and encourage you to continue on your journey to greater well-being. Unbelievable benefits await you with your persistence!