Take Your Wellness To The Next Level Using These Modern Methods
The Age Of Whole Being Health Is Upon Us!
We are living in a truly amazing time when ancient wisdom is converging with modern techniques in the health and wellness industry.
This new knowledge of ancient wisdom has revealed that optimal human health is an all-encompassing pursuit that includes mind, body and spirit.
This is often referred to as your ‘holistic’ health also synonymous with overall well-being.
At the same time technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), mobile device applications (Apps) and wearable monitoring devices (Wearables) are also starting to play an ever-increasing and important role in everyday wellness.
At Holistic Kingdom we focus on this exciting intersection of ancient wisdom, modern technology and health and wellness.
What Is The Holistic Approach To Health?
The holistic approach is an all-encompassing strategy that improves overall well-being by taking the entire person into account, which includes mind, body and spirit.
The spirit is the magic of this approach that is not typically included or addressed in other health and wellness strategies.
It is a synergy of mind, body and spirit that creates the greatest amount of total possible wellness.
On the holistic health journey there are a multitude of techniques and strategies that can be used to achieve amazing results.
It’s an approach where you are encouraged to play an active role in maintaining your own well-being.
Outlined below are the 9 important pillars that are associated with the holistic health approach.
9 Pillars Of Holistic Health – A Blueprint For Essential Modern Wellness
1. Physical Wellness
Physical activity and the physical condition of the body is the beginning point and foundation for overall wellness.
2. Natural Medicine
This is medicine consisting of natural and herbal remedies for pain management, detoxification and treating the person, not the symptom.
3. Personalized Nutrition
Clean eating, gut microbiome health, personalized organic meal plans and supplementation.
Mindfulness meditation practices that includes mantras, sound bathing and visualization.
5. Emotional Well-Being
Emotional wellness techniques to relieve stress, anxiety and depression.
6. Energy Healing
Participation in energy healing practices such as massage, crystal healing and chakra balancing.
Maintaining and growing a spiritual sense and connection is a crucial component.
8. Home Environment
Reducing indoor pollution and chemical exposure, along with ways to create greater tranquility in your home.
9. Global Citizenry
Find greater purpose and meaning in your life through community involvement and activities.
Different Techniques Are Necessary For Different Individuals
Everyone responds to things a little differently so some will find benefits among certain techniques only to receive less than desired results from another.
It is worth mentioning that a resistance to wanting to participate in a particular wellness activity could indicate an area for greatest improvement.
The key is to find your own unique blend of wellness activities that are most beneficial to you.
In the next section we have outlined a wide variety of tools and techniques for mind, body and spirit to help get you started on the right path.
Modern Wellness – A Step-By-Step Guide To Holistic Living
What Does ‘Holistic’ Living Mean?
It means living your best life by being mindful and conscious of how your actions, routines, behaviors and surroundings effect your overall health and wellness.
Living ‘holistically’ improves the parts of life we hold to be most important such as family, career, social life and relationships.
It is the understanding that our best quality of life is directly proportional to our overall well-being of mind, body and spirit.
Making choices in life that are aligned with our overall well-being is the superpower that allows for you to live your best possible life.
Benefits Of Improving The Mind-Body-Spirit Connection
Some of the most common benefits associated with living a healthy ‘holistic’ lifestyle are:
- Reduced Stress
- Reduced Pain
- Happier And More Satisfied
- Inner Healing
- Greater Balance
- Self Growth
- Spiritual Development
Let’s Get Started
In this guide you will find curated tools and techniques in an actionable step-by-step format.
It is an easy to follow road map for all of the pillars of the holistic health approach.
This is a modern wellness guide so we have incorporated the latest apps, trackers and devices when appropriate.
Begin With The Body
Start by taking an inside-out approach to the body. If you begin by taking care of your insides then its easier to improve the outward appearance.
1. Nutrition and Clean Eating
- The mindset of eating is a perfect place to begin.
- It’s time to start thinking about food as fuel and replenishment and less about it as pleasure.
- Toxic, unhealthy foods are proven to cause inflammation which in turn is a common precursor to many diseases.
- You won’t be able to live a healthy lifestyle if you are not putting good clean foods and nutrients into your body.
- Once the learning curve of nutrition and clean eating has been overcome it will become like second nature to maintain.
Pro tip: You could choose to begin the process by working directly with a certified holistic nutritionist in your area in order to test for any food allergies you may have. You could be eating things that are wreaking havoc on your system that you believe to be ‘good’ for you and not even know it.
Recommended Tools For Nutrition and Clean Eating:
The issue of eating right consistently can be best solved by sticking to a smart nutrition plan created by a licensed dietitian and personalized to your specific needs.
Unknown sensitivity to various foods such as gluten or dairy can keep you from reaching dietary goals and cause headaches, joint pain and gut issues.
The EWG helps consumers find locally grown and sustainable options in the grocery store. The app rates over 80,000 foods for nutrition, ingredients and amount of processing.
2. Core Or Power Yoga
- Strength, flexibility, cardiovascular training, mindfulness, improved spiritual wellness, better posture, back and neck pain relief, detoxification and stress relief are just some of the many benefits associated with yoga.
- We recommend mixing up your power yoga routines with a yin/restorative session to stretch and lengthen the muscles you will build in power sessions.
Pro tip: If you’re a beginner research yoga studios in your local area to find a class schedule that suits you and make sure they provide any necessary equipment such as a mat or yoga blocks so you will know what equipment you need for your home routines.
Recommended Tools For Yoga:
When you don’t have time to get to the studio you can still catch great routines in the privacy of your own home or hotel room. This is also a great way for a new yoga student to learn at their own pace. Accessories such as a mat, towel and blocks come in very handy as well.
3. Hiking And Nature Walking
- This is an easy but often overlooked part of a wellness lifestyle.
- You should schedule at least (1) nature outing per week (weather permitting) at a park, recreation area or other wilderness spot.
- Being in nature resets your human clock and improves biorhythms to a more natural state.
- This helps relieve stress and let go of any over active thinking or worrying.
Recommended Tools For Hiking:
There couldn’t be anything worse than heading deep into nature without proper gear. It not only makes the hike less enjoyable but can be extremely dangerous as well.
It’s important to always have a map of your trail handy when hiking. AllTrails boasts the largest collection of hand-curated trail guides, so you can explore the outdoors with confidence.
4. Rebounding On A Mini Trampoline
- Underrated and not widely known, yet the mini trampoline can provide a wellness seeker with just the right amount of physical activity especially during weather that isn’t conducive to being outside.
- It can be a great cardiovascular workout that has detoxification benefits you can feel in that it supports lymphatic drainage.
- The mini trampoline is also great for strength conditioning of the legs and glutes.
- If you incorporate some resistance bands with your routine you can get an intense full body workout that’s also fun!
Recommended Tools For Rebounding:
Order and have a mini-trampoline shipped to your door and find a great set of mini-trampoline workouts (free).
For The Mind And Emotions
In the modern era of wellness we now know that mental and emotional well-being are some of the most crucial aspects of overall health.
1. Sleep Tracking
- Many adults don’t get the minimum requirement of sleep or even rest for that matter.
- Whether you think you get enough sleep or are not sure you should start to track your sleep patterns.
- Even though you may reach the minimum required amount of sleep a tracker also monitors sleep quality which has been determined to be a more accurate indicator.
- Sleep and relaxation are so important in many ways for maintaining wellness, and stress-related disease prevention.
Recommended Tools For Sleep Tracking:
The best way to learn more and optimize your sleep patterns without having an elaborate lab study conducted is the use of a good quality sleep tracking device.
- If you are super busy, like most people you most likely suffer from burnout often.
- You will actually be more productive and effective if you take the time to unplug and relax when you need to rather than to mindlessly soldier on when you aren’t at your best.
- You should make and schedule time each day to unplug briefly and do absolutely nothing for at least 15 minutes.
Recommended Tools For Relaxation:
“While other music is primarily made to sound good and evoke feelings, Brain.fm works with teams of scientists and composers to engineer music specifically designed to help you achieve and sustain deep focus.”, According to the Brain.fm website.
3. Mindfulness Meditation
- Here’s another crucial aspect of the overall wellness lifestyle.
- If you haven’t heard about the now scientifically proven benefits of meditation yet then you’re not paying attention.
- However, the important factor in receiving the benefits comes through consistency.
- There are many ways to meditate so our recommendation is to find a style that resonates with you and stick with it.
- Or if you prefer to mix things up bounce around to several styles.
- Some form of meditation should be done on a daily basis (yes daily).
Pro tip: Try the Headspace meditation app and they will guide you based on your experience level and also track your progress and make recommendations for improvements based on your results. (hint: there’s a reason why this app is so popular).
Recommended Tools For Meditation:
A great place to learn how to meditate and live mindfully in the modern era is with the help of a proven meditation app.
“Muse meditation device gives you real-time feedback on your brain activity as you meditate to help make it easier and keep you focused.”
4. Digital Detox
- If you stare at a computer screen for work or school all day or you absentmindedly scroll through your social media profiles for hours on end or if you are one of those people who is always watching T.V. or streaming videos then it’s very important to offset this behavior with a digital detox periodically.
Recommended Tools For A Digital Detox:
If you are unaware of how much time you spend with digital media on the daily then a tracking app is a great place to start. The results might be quite eye opening.
If you find it difficult to stay unplugged from digital media for any length of time or just need a longer break from it then a digital detox retreat might sound like the perfect get away.
For The Spirit And Energetic Body
The new frontier in both traditional and non-traditional healthcare involves the human biofield also known as the energetic body and the spirit.
1. Energy Healing
- At a minimum of at least once per month schedule an appointment with an energy healing practitioner such as a certified reiki master.
- If there are not any reiki therapists nearby where you live a deep tissue massage would work.
- In most areas now you can find a reiki share circle, gong healing or drum circle.
- These are especially great if you enjoy more of a group energy healing vibe.
Recommended Tools For Energy Healing:
Bringing a more positive vibe into your everyday world may not be as easy as it sounds. This class teaches you some techniques on how to do it.
Locate a great energy healer near you and schedule an appointment.
2. Chakra Balancing Using Crystals
- This should also be done at least once per month and can be done in conjunction with other energy healing techniques.
- This process can be done on your own or with an energy healing practitioner as like the one’s mentioned above.
- Using chakra crystals or stones is a very important part of this process.
Recommended Tools For Chakra Balancing:
Try working with crystals on your own and experience the amazing spiritual properties they have.
3. Affirmations and Mantras
- Write out affirmations and mantras for yourself and repeat them daily.
- These can be written and changed weekly, monthly or as often as desired.
- Ideally mantras and affirmations should be said aloud for greatest effectiveness.
- Mantras and affirmations are a very powerful technique for rewiring and training your thought patterns to be more positive so that you may manifest your goals and intentions.
Pro tip: Write new affirmations with each new moon cycle.
Recommended Tools For Mantras And Affirmations:
There is a definite art form and strategy to writing the most effective mantras and affirmations.
For The Home Environment
A healthy, non-toxic and positive home environment creates the basis for the most amount of potential health and wellness.
1. Hidden Chemicals
- Harsh chemicals, many of which are carcinogens, are found in many common household items such as cleaners, air fresheners, personal hygiene products, flooring, furniture and bedding.
- Toxic chemicals and ingredients found in these items in the home are absorbed into the body through contact with the skin which has been proven to cause inflammation, allergies, chronic fatigue and other unwanted health conditions.
Recommended For Detoxing The Home:
Household cleaning products are some of the most toxic items found in the home. Buying less toxic natural cleaners or learning to make them yourself can really reduce you and your family’s potential exposure.
2. Air Purification
- Unfortunately it has been discovered that indoor air pollution can often times be worse than the air outside.
- Continually inhaling toxic air can cause many chronic issues such as asthma, allergies and other bronchial conditions.
- Take the following steps to help clear the air in your home:
- Change your air filters regularly (at least once per season)
- Have your air ducts cleaned if possible
- Use an indoor air pollution sensor
- Use an indoor air purifier if necessary
Recommended Tools For Indoor Air Purification:
It is impossible to really know the air quality in your home without measuring it. An air quality sensor can be invaluable to determine if an air purifier might be a necessity.
3. Water Purification
- It has been well documented that the public water coming into most homes contains varying amounts and types of toxic chemicals, many of which are carcinogens.
- Have the tap water in your home tested to determine its contaminants and install a good whole home water filter if possible.
- Other options for detoxifying drinking water can be used as well.
Recommended Tools For Water Purification:
You can find a list of the known contaminants found in the water in your own neighborhood on the EWG water database.
A simple kit purchased at Lowe’s or Walmart can give you a wealth of knowledge about the toxic substances that could be in your own home’s tap water.
Remember that purifying just the drinking water in the home does not rid all sources of exposure. Most toxic substances are absorbed through the skin while bathing or showering.
4. Sage Smudging
- The last but certainly not least recommended step for creating the holistic home is cleansing it of negative energy.
- Lingering negative energy can be detrimental to the overall vibe of the home.
- Having good positive energy is more conducive to positive thinking, abundance and overall wellness.
- To cleanse the energy in your home simply light a sage bundle and waft it in the air throughout every room at least once per month.
- Even if you don’t feel any negative vibes in your home to begin with you are sure to sense more calm and serenity in the home after it is done.
Recommended Tools For Sage Smudging:
An easy to follow video guide that will show you exactly how to perform a sage smudging in your own home.
You can easily find a wide variety of sage smudging kits to use to perform a ceremony.
In Conclusion – Here’s To Your Well-Being!
We created this guide and program to help those seeking greater overall well-being. We encourage you to dig in and take inspired action by implementing our hand-picked tips and techniques! The ‘holistic’ path is full of epiphanies and discoveries of new and effective methods of wellness that will inspire, motivate and encourage you to continue on your journey to greater well-being. Unbelievable benefits await you with your persistence!